Genealogy of Lodges
Thanks to the diligent work of W Bro Roger L Perry PAGDC, PPSGW we now have a complete genealogy chart for all the lodges within Buckinghamshire.
There are 123 Lodges within the Province of Buckinghamshire and they can be accounted for as follows:
108 Lodges owe their existence to just four Lodges:
- Buckinghamshire Lodge No 591 (originally No 861) is the oldest Lodge within the Province and was sponsored by the Berkhampstead Lodge No 504 (original No 742) and consecrated on the 3rd May 1852 in Aylesbury. A total of fifty two Lodges, forty seven in Buckinghamshire owe their origins to this Lodge.
- Lily of Richmond Lodge No 820 (originally No 1122) was sponsored by the Lodge of Harmony No 255 (originally No 317) and consecrated on the 10th May 1860 in Surrey. The Lodge transferred to Middlesex in 1976 and then transferred to Buckinghamshire on 10th December 2003. A total of one hundred and eighteen Lodges, ten in Buckinghamshire owe their origins to this Lodge.
- Wycombe Lodge No 1501 was sponsored by the Windsor Castle Lodge No 771 and consecrated on the 1st July 1874 in High Wycombe A total of twenty seven Lodges, all in Buckinghamshire, owe their origins to this Lodge.
- Herschel Lodge No 1894 was also sponsored by the Windsor Castle Lodge No 771 and consecrated on the 14th September 1881 in Slough A total of twenty four Lodges, again all in Buckinghamshire owe their origins to the Herschel Lodge.
The genealogy of these four Lodges can be seen in full on their genealogy charts
The following list identifies 11 other Lodges, 7 of which were sponsored by Lodges outside of Buckinghamshire and 4 that have originated from the seven.
- Methuen Lodge No 631 sponsored by the Royal Sussex Lodge of Emulation No 355 and consecrated in Swindon on the 24th March 1854
- Bulwer Lodge of Cairo No 1068 sponsored by St Johns Lodge No 919 and consecrated in Cairo on the 7th June 1865
- Christopher Lodge No 2309 sponsored by Ellington Lodge No 1566 and consecrated in Datchet on the 13th May 1889
- Sponsored Eton No 2456 which was consecrated in Eton on the 14th January 1893
- Eton Lodge sponsored Burke Lodge No 6154 which was consecrated at Beaconsfield on the 3rd October 1945 and Temple Manor Lodge No 8143 which was consecrated at Marlow on the 3rd April 1967
- Golden Fleece Lodge No 4739 sponsored by Selwyn Lodge No 1901 and consecrated at Great Queen Street on 17th December 1925
- Brentham Lodge No 4980 sponsored by Brent Valley Lodge No 3940 and consecrated at Ealing on 16th February 1928
- Sponsored Rose of Brentham Lodge No 6863 which was consecrated at Great Queen Street on 8th July 1949
- Lodge of Concorde No 8721 sponsored by Southall St Johns Lodge No 6389 and consecrated at Uxbridge on 28th September 1976
- Household Division lodge No 9545 sponsored by Comrades Lodge No 2740 and consecrated at Sindlesham on 25th May 1994